Special Events Intern @ The American Diabetes Association
The American Diabetes Association invites college students interested in non-profit work, fundraising and special events to participate in an internship with the New England market’s Special Events team.
Work with Special Events staff to assist with participant experience, engagement and communications for the signature events of the American Diabetes Association – the Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes and the Tour de Cure cycling events.
The main focus of this internship will be on pre-day of event and day of event logistics, data management, and maximizing our online fundraising tools (Convio).
- Coordinate pre-day of event and/or day of event logistics.
- Work with event participants to encourage the utilization of our online fundraising tools.
- Analyze and manage data from participant and donor reports.
- Research and cultivate relationships with new and current vendors.
- Create multiple email communications to current/past walkers and cyclists encouraging event participation, recruitment and fundraising.
- Manage volunteer recruitment efforts and volunteer training.
- Assist with the management of a $100,000+ regional pin-up campaign.
- Provide general support to Special Event staff as needed.
- Availability to work approximately 8-10 hours per week for the fall semester
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, but can also handle independent projects.
- Must be able to multi-task and be extremely detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with cold-calling and donation solicitation.
- Familiarity with walk/cycling based pledge events is a plus.
- Creativity and the ability to think “outside-of-the-box” is desired.
- This is an unpaid internship; however there is an option to earn college credit (based on individual school requirements).
- Internship is based out of our Framingham, MA office.
- Must have access to a vehicle as some local travel may be required.
- Position must attend at least two events during their internship (dates will be provided in advance).
- A minimum of 12 hours per week is required.
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Laura Flynn; Manager, Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org