Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay Special Event Fundraising Internship
Description: Participants in the internship program will assist the special events team with activities that help to raise funds through planning, supporting and implementing of special events to meet agency revenue goals. You will work in a “hands-on” environment with individuals who respond daily to critical community issues. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain insight into the not-for-profit sector, as well as develop above-entry-level skills.
- Primarily responsible for assisting the special events team with activities that support event planning and logistics, fundraising and stewarding donors.
- Assist with mass mailings, data entry, invoicing, acknowledging and stewarding of donors, and other department projects
- Provide support to events as needed
- Provide other administrative support as needed
- Availability to work approximately 8-10 hours per week for the fall semester
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, but can also handle independent projects.
- Must be able to multi-task and be extremely detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with cold-calling and donation solicitation.
- Familiarity with walk/cycling based pledge events is a plus.
- Creativity and the ability to think “outside-of-the-box” is desired.
Other Details: Unpaid. If applicable, experience can be used for credit in internship course.
How to Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Special Event Internship Search Committee, at the agency’s Boston address or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place SE Intern in the e-mail header. No phone calls, please.
Special Event Internship Search Committee
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay
75 Federal Street, 8th Floor
Boston, MA 02110