Macresco Edge Marketing Intern
Macresco Edge seeks a part time (15 – 20 hours a week) marketing intern to support company promotion and new business development efforts. In this position the intern will assist with the production of content and marketing assets including the website, sales materials, email marketing and advertising as well as regularly perform market research and update the company database.
1. Research: Ongoing industry, competitive and market research as well as research related to specific sales targets to support prospecting efforts.
2. Social media and Web promotion: Manage, monitor and update company’s social media properties (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Slideshare, etc), support redesign of website
3. Email marketing: Assist with the production and dissemination of content, manage email marketing tool and monitor engagement (open rates, bounces, etc.)
4. Database management: Support configuration of CRM platform, populate with contacts, create audience segments, monitor growth and manage updates.
5. PR: Assist with public relations coordination including developing media lists, researching industry topics, writing press releases and media advisories, monitoring clips and social media on a daily basis.
6. Collateral production: Assist with the development of presentations, sales materials, manage photo / video assets, manipulate various electronic file formats such as jpeg, eps, tif, pdf files, etc., and re-size and crop photographs for web use.
Enrollment in a Bachelor’s Degree program (entering junior or senior year) in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English or Journalism (or related fields) preferred
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PPT)
Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Willing and able to learn new communications technologies
Ability to multi-task and meet deadline demands
Strong familiarity and with above mentioned social media platforms, etiquette
High comfort level with web enabled technology (google docs)
Strong communication and project management skills
Organized, thorough and detail oriented
Familiarity with database management a plus
Writing sample required
How to Apply: submit writing sample and resume to email@example.com. The writing sample can be on any topic, but business/marketing/advertizing would be preferred.