Beacon Hill Village; Marketing Intern
Position Overview: The Marketing Intern works directly with the Marketing Director for the Village and will assist in all facets of marketing, public relations, events, and outreach projects.
- Assist with marketing and public relations projects including media relations
- Work with staff to create copy and pages for website
- Assist with coordinating, publicizing and participating in special events/programs
- Assists in the taking photographs of events for publication
- Design/layout and mail/distribute fliers and invitations
- Write, distribute, and follows up on press releases, calendar items and media advisories
- Draft content for newsletters, press releases and articles
- Make telephone calls to prospects and members as needed
- Assist with member recruitment and retention activities
- Perform administrative duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Position requires student to be in his or her junior (second semester) or senior year of college, or a communications graduate student, and have course work and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: communication, public relations, journalism, or marketing. Student should have PC experience, and excellent good interpersonal and writing skills—should know the basics of writing/creating a press release. Must be creative, some graphic design experience helpful. Student should be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as be familiar with Publisher.
Hours: 10-12 hours per week through semester—Mondays and Thursdays. Some evening and weekend events may be involved. Working some hours at home is an option.
Compensation: Unpaid Internship. Coordinator will work with intern to provide academic credit, if applicable.
CONTACT: Robin Kahn, Marketing Director for Beacon Hill Village. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-759-9914.
About Beacon Hill Village
Beacon Hill Village is an innovative nonprofit membership organization that enhances the lives of people age 50 and over in Boston’s Back Bay, Beacon Hill, West End and surrounding neighborhoods. The Village provides services and programs that enable people to live a healthy and meaningful life in their own home in the neighborhood they love.