Public Relations Internship @ American Diabetes Association
Summary: The American Diabetes Association is looking for a college student interested in communications/pr, fundraising/non-profit work, and event planning to participate in an internship with the American Diabetes Association. This position will have a specific focus on the Father of the Year Awards Dinner, the signature corporate fundraising event for the American Diabetes Association.
- Assist with media, PR and communications outreach- including creating media lists, maintaining press clip files, writing news releases, pitching feature stories, writing articles for newsletters
- Work with Event Manager and Father’s Day Council on day-of-event logistics.
- Work with Event Manager and Father’s Day Council on event collateral (Ad Journal, Signage etc)
- Solicit in-kind donations through cold-calling and letter writing for auction and day-of-event donations
- Assist Special Events Team with special projects and administrative duties as assigned
Knowledge/Skill Required: Effective written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills are required. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must.
Other Requirements: This is an unpaid internship, based in the Framingham office. This opportunity is 8+ hrs/week (January- June) and will be supervised by the Manager of Special Events through daily meetings. Attendance at the 2012 Father of the Year Event on June 12, 2012 is mandatory.
How to Apply: Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to Jessica Gurman, JGurman@diabetes.org