Social Media Intern @ Imani Corporation
Posted by Suffolk Marketing
About Us: Imani Corporation is, a nonprofit organization that works with African American youth and women to help them MAXIMIZE their potential. Since our inception, the CEO of Imani Corporation, Nicole Roberts Jones has added additional programming for youth, young adults and women and as this new component grows, we need additional help to expand our on-line presence.
Timeframe: Minimum 10-12 hours per week. Start date: January 9, 2012
Position Overview: Work alongside the CEO to design and disseminate social media content that aligns with the brand strategy and social media identity of Imani Corporation and NicoleRobertsJones.com. This content will be inclusive of, topics, products, events etc… related to our mission. Additionally, the content will include compelling program content.
- To increase social media follower engagement.
- To increase the number social media followers.
- Outline metrics and reports for monitoring progress and engagement.
- Assist with the coordination, adaptation and incorporation of online interactive programs (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, etc.)
- Assist with monitoring activity across various social media platforms
Experience and Skill Set:
- A student currently enrolled in college studying Business/Marketing and/or Communications preferred but will accept other majors.
- Strong understanding of social media and social networking
- An innovative self-starter who can be relied on to complete tasks on deadline
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Photoshop
- Strong Interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Takes initiative, responsible, high energy, problem solver, continually up for a challenge
- Individual creativity and the ability to work as a part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Time Management skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Desire to learn
How to Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Imani Corporation at firstname.lastname@example.org