Boston Medical Center; Office of Development-Cause and Event Marketing
Boston Medical Center is a private, not for profit, 508-licensed bed academic medical center located in Boston’s historic South End. The hospital is the primary teaching affiliate for Boston University School of Medicine. Emphasizing community-based care,BostonMedicalCenterwith its mission to provide consistently accessible health services to all is the largest safety net hospital inNew England.
The Office of Development helps raise necessary funds to boost the operating budget of BMC. The Cause & Event Marketing division works to plan fundraising events and establish cause marketing relationships with area businesses.
- Help plan, organize, and execute BMC’s largest annual event, the BMC Gala on May 5, 2012
- Play a key role in organizing the Gala’s extensive silent auction
- Promote events through social media, online listings, grassroots marketing, and public relations activities
- Research potential sponsors, vendors, and auction item donors
- Proofreading, copywriting, and copy editing for BMC Inspire newsletter and other publications
- Must be able to intern at least 10-12 hours/week (unpaid)
- Background/ interest in PR, marketing, communications, or related field
- Professional demeanor in the office, at events, and answering all phones
- Students at the Junior and Senior levels preferred
Why BMC Cause Marketing?: Interning at Boston Medical Center’s cause and event marketing group will enable you to gain invaluable experience in the areas of PR, marketing, and event planning in the non-profit sector.
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to Ashley Hogan at Ashley.Hogan@bmc.org. Please call her at 617.414.5530 with any questions.