Road Scholar Marketing Internship
Road Scholar, the world’s largest non-profit provider of worldwide educational adventures for the mature travel market, offers an unpaid college internship in our Marketing Department in exchange for college credit. Reporting to the Marketing Project Manager, this person will gain experience in the marketing field while assisting with and coordinating various marketing projects related to Road Scholar’s communications. Check us out at http://roadscholar.org.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
* Candidate must be a full-time student in a Bachelors program at an accredited college or university and have a major or concentration in marketing. Students in their third or fourth year preferred
* Desire to grow within the Marketing field
* Strong MS Office skills including Excel; familiarity with databases preferred
* Ability to conduct independent research
The Intern will learn about:
* Marketing and communications in a large direct marketing environment
* Direct mail fundraising
* Alternative marketing techniques
* Marketing databases
* Increasing mailing list
* Project management
* Event planning and preparation including inventory management for displays and other collateral materials
* Development of professional phone, internet and interpersonal communications skills
* Maintaining a historical archive and a reference library
Specific Task-Related Goals:
* Affiliate groups research projects — internet research for local contact information for pre-defined affiliate groups across the country. Complete at least six states per week and compile information in Excel spreadsheet for future mail merge/contact.
* Archive printed publications for future reference.
* Assist Art Director with compiling, organizing and identifying photography subjects used in publications and review for brand adherence and diversity
*Assist with donor stewardship and research such as fulfilling requests for information; and preparing special acknowledgments for signature.
* Other duties as assigned
How to Apply: Please e-mail a cover letter and resume via MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org and state whether you are seeking a part-time spring, part-time summer or full-time summer internship. Schedules may be flexible to meet the student’s needs, but a minimum of 15 hours per week is preferred. Internships may begin as early as February 1 and end as late as September 30th. Thank you!