Events Intern @ Mass Challenge
MassChallenge is the largest-ever startup accelerator and competition, and the first to support high-impact, early-stage entrepreneurs with no strings attached.
The Role: Events Intern
Reporting to the Community Program Manager, the events intern will collaborate with the MassChallenge associates to plan, implement, maintain, and evaluate the processes for workshops and networking events. Other duties will include administrative tasks, and assisting the associates and executive team as needed. Key responsibilities include:
- Planning: Assist in planning and implementing a wide variety of programs and activities for community members.
- All Calendars: Maintain and update all MassChallenge calendars with upcoming events.
- Events: Attend networking events each week to represent MassChallenge and spread awareness of our mission and upcoming events.
- Events Calendar: Create and maintain monthly events calendar.
- Point Person: Serve as point person for events in MassChallenge space.
- Analytics: Provide a weekly analysis on events to track attendance, marketing reach, etc.
- Drive Attendance: Work closely with the Marketing department to increase attendance and the reach of our events.
- Partner Events: Work with partner organizations that hold events in the MassChallenge space.
Who You Are:
- Strong communicator and detail-oriented writer: You will be sending a lot of important emails and making important phone calls to partners and collaborators so a professional demeanor is essential. You need to be able to convey and ask for important details critical to the success of our events.
- Execution oriented: You need to understand how to prioritize your time so you can fully execute on your task list with the minimal outlay of other human and physical resources.
- Flexible: Events occur at varying times and locations and you must be able to adjust your schedule to accommodate and attend events in the MassChallenge space as well as the Boston ecosystem.
- Committed: You need to be prepared to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week. 40 hours per week is highly preferred.
- Well Versed With Technology: Being well versed with the technology we employ would be a plus. We use: Macs, PCs, Microsoft Office, Smartsheet, Constant Contact, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Grasshopper, Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Documents, etc.), Liquid Space, Salesforce, PayPal, Survey Monkey, and Eventbrite. You must be comfortable with technology.
- Thrive on This Opportunity: You are someone who will thrive on being at the center of this entrepreneurial universe. You are someone who wants to play a key role in the amazing organization that is MassChallenge. You are someone who is super excited about the mission of MassChallenge to “Help entrepreneurs win. “
- Clear Expectations of Working in a Startup: We too are a startup, with this being only our third year. You need to be someone who has a clear understanding of what working in a startup means: little structure; flat organization; on-the-job-learning (mentorship by doing); shifting priorities; and very few resources. In other words, you need to be resourceful and at cause.
How To Apply:
If you are a good match for what we need -– and if the fast paced environment of MassChallenge appeals to you -– please apply at http://bit.ly/MCApply Please attach two things: 1. Your resume. 2. A short cover letter that specifically covers these three points:
• Match: Why are you a good match for the position?
• Pace: Why does the pace/mission of MassChallenge appeal to you?
• Unique Quality: What do you consider to be a unique quality you possess that would add value to the MassChallenge team?