Marketing & Social Media Intern @ Mass Challenge
Posted by Suffolk Marketing
The Role: Marketing & Social Media Intern
The Marketing & Social Media Intern reports to the Marketing Coordinator to assist with spreading the word about MassChallenge. Learning from marketing professionals, you will hone your skills in marketing plan creation, messaging, and audience targeting. Key responsibilities include:
- Creative Content: Develop and write creative content for all MassChallenge marketing channels, including social media, blog & print.
- New Initiatives: Create new initiatives to drive traffic to our website.
- Newsletter Content: Develop content for our semi-monthly newsletter.
- Interview: Interview people in the entrepreneurial ecosphere for the MassChallenge blog.
- Social Media: Update and manage social media channels (MassChallenge’s online presence).
- Salesforce and HubSpot: Help maintain the MassChallenge Salesforce/HubSpot accounts.
- Evaluate: Develop reports/action items using Salesforce and HubSpot to evaluate our marketing strategy.
- Analytics: Use Hubspot, Google Analytics and Hootsuite to analyze growth and performance.
- Writing: Very strong writing skills, prior experience writing for marketing is a plus.
- Social Media: Knowledge and prior use of social media such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills, especially written (using different tones, rhetoric, and buzz words).
- Creative: Ability to think outside the box when developing marketing campaigns.
- Analytical: Can understand and analyze marketing statistics, goals, metrics, etc.
- Organized: Good organization and time management skills, especially the ability to prioritize tasks as well as messaging content.
- Independent: Ability to work independently.
- Journalism: Prior experience as an editor or writer is a plus. English and journalism majors are especially encouraged to apply.
- CRM: Knowledge of SalesForce and Hubspot is a plus.
- SEO: Knowledge of SEO & Google Analytics/AdWords is also a plus.
Who You Are
- Strong communicator and detail-oriented writer: You will be sending a lot of important communications to supporters, partners, and finalist teams so a professional demeanor is essential. You need to be able to convey the information in the proper format for that audience and make them WANT to be a part of MassChallenge.
- Execution Oriented: You need to understand how to prioritize to fully execute on your task list with the minimal outlay of human and physical resources.
- Well Versed With Technology: Being well versed with the technology we employ would be a plus. Required is a good level of comfort with Microsoft Office, Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Documents, etc.), and social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.). Other useful programs to know: Smartsheet, Constant Contact, Dropbox, Grasshopper, Liquid Space, Salesforce, PayPal, Survey Monkey, and EventBrite. You must be comfortable with Technology.
- Thrive on This Opportunity: You are someone who will thrive on being at the center of this entrepreneurial universe. You are someone who wants to play a key role in the amazing organization that is MassChallenge. You are someone who is super excited about the mission of MassChallenge to help entrepreneurs win.
- Clear Expectations of Working in a Startup: We too are a startup, having just completed our third year. You need to be someone who has a clear understanding of what working in a start up means: little structure; flat organization; on-the-job-learning (mentorship by doing); shifting priorities; and, very few resources. In other words, you need to be resourceful and at cause.
- Committed: You need to be prepared to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week. 40 hours per week is highly preferred.
How To Apply
If you are a good match for what we need -– and if the fast paced environment of MassChallenge appeals to you -– please apply at http://bit.ly/MCApply Please attach two things: 1. Your resume. 2. A short cover letter that specifically covers these three points:
- Match: Why are you a good match for the position?
- Pace: Why does the pace/mission of MassChallenge appeal to you?
- Unique Quality: What do you consider to be a unique quality you possess that would add value to the MassChallenge team?
As this is a marketing position, feel free to be creative in your cover letter, resume, and writing sample. We want to see the creativity you are bringing to the table! Thank you for your interest in MassChallenge!