OTP Marketing Internship
Posted by Suffolk Marketing
POSITION TITLE: OTP Marketing Internship
CLASSIFICATION: Volunteer Position, Internship, OTP Left Brain (Marketing)
JOB OVERVIEW: OTP Is currently seeking a Marketing Intern for it’s 2013 season. The primary objective of this internship is to serve the research and development needs of OTP’s Marketing Director and Core staff. This position offers a wide variety of experiences to an individual wanting to learn exactly what it takes to market an up-and-coming arts organization. Some training will be provided through a strong sense of organization, asethetic layout, and marketing technology a plus. Eclectic academic & professional backgrounds welcome!
Some of the opportunities we offer our interns:
– Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing opportunities
– Research marketing trends and statistics within our community.
– Help to develop a strategic marketing plan.
– Support OTP’s social media presence.
– Develop strong Public Relations material around certain events, programs, & individuals
– Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
– Write Your own Blog for TheOpenTheatre.com
– Work on Marketing Material for TheOpenTheatre.com
– Attend and Coordinate all meetings with OTP Core Marketing Staff
– Coordinate short & long term schedules for Campaigns / Programs with Marketing Director
– Plan and facilitate specific Marketing meetings with Marketing Director including distributing agenda and taking minutes
This unique opportunity requires a unique individual. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, communication and artistic abilities combined with the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Not only will the individual be involved in the maintenance of our current systems, but in its evolution for a stronger and more focused marketing structure. Leadership and delegation skills will be required as more interns are brought into the department.
– Bachelor or Arts Degree in Marketing, Arts Administration, or related program.
– At least 1+ year in a marketing coordinating or directing; internship or position acceptable.
– Graphic Design and Production Design a Plus
– Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator / Photoshop a Plus)
– Regular Access to Computer
– iWorks / Microsoft Office Experience
– Basic Knowledge of HTML, WYSIWYG and CMS
– Familiarity with Social Media structure and strategy
– An effective communicator, both written and oral
– Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
– Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
All OTP Core Staff positions are volunteer based for the 2013 season. Commission based
endeavors will be possible in conjunction with the goals of the OTP Managing Director and Development Departments. Position will be contracted for 6 months. Feb 2013 – July 2013 with a 4 week ‘grace & training period’
Time commitments include :
• 5-10hr per week with additional dates
• On-Going Core Staff Meetings (variable)
• Participation in OTP’s on-going programing including
• Playwriting Workshop, Resident Actor Events, OTP Open Houses, Gala’s and productions.
Total Time : 10-40hr / month
Directly responsible to Marketing Director, Artistic Director, Managing Director and OTP Core Staff
Directly supervises Marketing Interns, Social Media Specialists, Research Specialists, OTP Street
Team, & Marketing Volunteers.
Portfolio of Design / Campaigns