Blueleaf Communications Intern
Posted by Suffolk Marketing
About the Company:
Blueleaf is a startup that’s changing the financial services industry by creating unprecedented transparency and automation to simplify the way that people and financial advisors manage money. We help financial advisory firms automate the process of managing client assets allowing them to serve more people well. Our ultimate goal is ambitious: we want to transform financial services the way Amazon transformed retail sales and Google transformed advertising.
We are a seed funded startup backed by investors who funded Mint.com, Dropbox, Bank Simple, and FX Exchange. And in the last few weeks we’ve rocketed near our goal of managing $10B this year.
Blueleaf is looking for an intern to support our growing list of partner companies and advisor audiences. Blueleaf is a small and fast growing company, offering the intern an opportunity to gain substantial professional marketing experience.
Reporting to the CEO, the Communications Intern is chartered with maintaining relationships with Blueleaf partner companies and writing content for the Blueleaf blog and website.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Client and Partner Communications: Maintain communication with partner companies. Assist in creation of a regular communications program for existing partners. Collaborate with other teams to schedule and plan joint marketing events.
- Public Relations Coordination: Project manage PR activities, including tracking action items, working with internal teams to drive them forward and ensure that they are completed. Research industry awards and executive speaking opportunities; assist in the development of award/speaking submissions.
- Event Coordination: Coordinate logistics of Blueleaf’s, speaking events, virtual and in-person events. This involves speaking with Blueleaf’s clients to determine best locations and topics for events.
- Content Coordination: Work closely with the rest of the team to develop content that’s important and helpful to advisors. Edit and publish blog articles.
All interested candidates will be expected to edit a blog post for Blueleaf as part of the interview process.
This is a temporary, paid internship. Interns should also be available to work 15-20 hours per week during the Spring 2013 semester.
- Junior or Senior working towards completing a Bachelor’s degree
- Major in marketing, communications or finance preferred
- Must have superb communications skills and enjoy engaging people in conversations
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- First-hand knowledge of blogging, twitter and/or LinkedIn
Posted on November 6, 2013, in Public Relations/Event Planning, Social Media & Internet Marketing and tagged blueleaf, Communications Intern, intern, Marketing, PR. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.